0

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. /Aristotle

Posted by martamalgorzatamariamagdalena on 9:20 PM
Aristotle once asked an interesting question: 'What is a friend?"
Throughout centuries, various answers have been created.
According to him, it's a single soul dwelling in two bodies. When thinking about my friends and me, I couldn't find a better 'friendship' definition, if it is possible to define it at all.
There are a few people in my life, whom I can call that noble title. First of all, my three sisters and my mum- my best crew ever. I admire my dad's patience..
There's also my namesake, a friend from my school, with whom I spent 6 years having fun and enjoying ourselves instead of working hard.
There's Agnieszka, Gosia, Beata, Grzes and many more, whom I really love as you love your friends, who created my past and create my present. However, I'd like to tell you about two special people, special in a way which is hard to explain, but which you understand within a second if you have someone who is your best friend.
Let me introduce Agnieszka and Dorota, my soul mates, the remaining parts of my heart and mind.
Those are the ones whom I could trust with my life. Whenever we talk, 'you know what I mean, right?' is unnecessary, as it's alway 'yes, I have the same'. We think in the same way, we see things in the same way, we're upset and angry and happy and excited and irritated by the same things. We used to spend a lot of time together until I left Gdynia to study in Poznan. Now, whenever I pop in for a weekend, it's never enough and I really miss those old times. We're recently always in rush, but we just must meet only for one hour to catch up with the news, yet it always turs out to be 3, 4, 5 hours.. We try to spend holidays together to make it up, but again- it's never enough. However, when we talk after a few months of not seeing each other, it still seems as if it was yesterday.
"A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway." F. J. Cummings














"Friendship needs no words..."
Dag Hammarskjold

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 hi-its-marta All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.